Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Dubbed Commercial in the Philippines

                                              My Business Views:
                                 Advertising Strategy : Dubbed Commercial

Have you noticed these days that there are dubbed commercials aired in the Philippine television? As a matter of fact, I see one Kim Chui's commercial where she acts like a contestant auditioning like in X-factor or American Idol with three judges. If I am not mistaken, they speak in Chinese or Taiwanese originally. Kim Chui on that commercial did not have any lines uttered but I believe it was not intended for the Philippine audience.

This is not the first case where we see foreign dubbed commercial shown here. What do you think about this kind of advertising? Well, for one it's cost effective on the part of the company it represents. Can you just imagine how big their savings are compared to when they make an entirely new production for advertisement? They could utilize the money instead to pay for the air time. Every time I see a dubbed commercial, I feel that the company is saving money. (Smile) But that is my personal business views. I just wonder if these commercials really do generate sales.


Tell me what you think
Share you business views here.






No comments:

Post a Comment